Author Topic: unable to launch  (Read 945 times)

Offline inmysights

unable to launch
« on: April 06, 2015, 01:58:04 PM »
I requested a Beta key and have installed the game and when I go to launch the game I can get the initial screen and t hen when I go to create a character the screen that shows up nothing happens, it just shows an inch wide line by about 7-8 inches long with some guys eyes in it and that is all it shows, I cannot get past that screen.

I am running win7 64bit, nvidia 970

any ideas?

Thank you

Offline FI-ScottZ

• Administrator
Re: unable to launch
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 03:50:05 PM »
Hello, inmysights.

I apologize for the difficulties in installing.  I will look into it more in depth.  In the meantime, one issue might be that the current alpha version of the installer was not built with all of the assets that have been added to the world since the installer was built. As such, the program may need to stream the assets when they are encountered in the game.  The character creation area has its own separate music, so it may be taking some time as that music is loaded onto your pc.

Try letting the program stay at the character creation point for some time, then closing the client, logging back in and trying again.

I will study if there are any other problems with that point of the game.  Thank you very much for your patience on this matter; as we progress in development we will be able to build a new installer that preloads all of the assets to alleviate the longer loading times sometimes initially encountered.
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, VoZ.
CTO, Forever Interactive, LLC.
Scott.Zarnke@ForeverInteractive.com

Offline inmysights

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 08:58:51 PM »
I tried that and it still does the same thing

Offline FI-ScottZ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 04:00:19 PM »
Would you be able to send me a screen shot of what it looks like when it gets stuck?  You can send it to:
scott.zarnke@foreverinteractive.com
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, VoZ.

Offline FI-ScottZ

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 08:17:44 PM »
This hopefully will become moot.  Tomorrow we have an update to the game scheduled to go out. The character creation process was changed to be more streamlined, so when that goes out the changes should resolve a lot of issues.

That being said, there might be some initial growing pains with the update due to the fact that the installer installed old assets, but we will try to get a new installer built soon as well.
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, VoZ.

Offline inmysights

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 09:29:23 AM »
Sorry, I did not see your response from last time I posted.

I cannot get a screenshot, When I try it just saves an all black screen.

When I am logged in, I have no way to change graphics settings.

I just updated to the new client and I still am having the same exact issue with the bar in the middle of the screen.

Offline FI-ScottZ

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 10:17:58 AM »
Hi,

Sorry, again, we'll continue to try to track this down.  What resolution do you have your monitor at?

Also, it is possible that some remnants of an old version remain when installing a new one, causing a conflict.

Try this:
  • Completely uninstall VoZ from your Control Panel "Programs & Features". It should be called "PlayerClientFRVRINTBETA"
  • Open a Windows Explorer window where you can navigate through your folders.
  • Enter %LOCALAPPDATA% into the address bar.  That should go to where your local AppData folder is.
  • Inside of there, you might see a path of folders as such: HeroEngine\RepositoryCache\FRVRINTBETA.  The uninstall should have deleted it, but if not, delete that FRVRINTBETA folder.
  • Run the VoZ install exe again, which should be about 735 MB in size.

With this new install of a new asset set, there might be a delay in the first time entering the game as the assets get updated.  This hopefully should do the trick.
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, VoZ.

Offline inmysights

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2015, 10:51:31 AM »
I am running at 3440X1440

I will uninstall with your directions and try again.

We are heading out for a family day, I will not be able to try until later this evening.

I hope to get this working, I am anxious to try the game!

Offline FI-ScottZ

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2015, 10:58:34 AM »
That resolution could be a problem as well.  We have only designed it to support a maximum of 1920x1080 resolution, and sometimes the graphics have been seen to be off when played on higher resolutions.  I don't have a monitor that high so I can't find a solution to that at the moment.  In particular the width-to-height aspects it is designed for are 16:9, 16:10, 5:4, and 4:3.

Are you able to run at 1920x1080? Or at least a resolution that matches one of the aspects listed above, preferably the first two?  If you can, try that before reinstalling. 
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 11:09:09 AM by FI-ScottZ »
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, VoZ.

Offline inmysights

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2015, 08:19:56 PM »
there is no way to change the resolution in game yet?

Offline FI-ScottZ

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2015, 08:51:01 PM »
I don't believe our engine has exposed changing monitor resolution from our scripts, but I will find out for sure.  But for now, no there is no way for Voz to change the resolution.
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, VoZ.